Firstly it is wonderful to have members make the effort to photograph and write brief notes about tours and trips for others to see – for those that went to reminisce, for those that didn’t to see what they missed and consider participating in the future.
Here are some easy guidelines to help editors post them to our site –
- Generally lots of pictures are the best way to describe the cycling, the general area visited and not to forget of course the social aspects.
- Submit the text report separately by email as a word document with the location of the pictures clearly marked. For example “picture 1 here” etc. Send your report to any of these 3 people
Sarah Ley-Bucherer email@example.com
Lyn Jobbins firstname.lastname@example.org
Carol Gilbertson email@example.com
- Send pictures (jpeg format) as separate email attachments or as multiple emails that are clearly numbered so that the editor can easily slot the pictures into the report. Ideally they should be about 100KB in size or 1200 x 628 pixels. Send to same person as the report!!
- Trip reports are best separated into days where headings describe for members the day, the route and the kilometers ridden. e.g. “Day 1 Rotorua to Blue Lakes and return loop route 50km”.
- If you have one picture that best conveys the tour or trip – let us know which one you would like to have highlighted.
- If you want to add a map – send it as a jpeg picture or a Google Maps link.
As this is a new venture we are very much in the learning stage of posting information so please bear with us as we take small steps to create an awesome source of searchable information for you all to enjoy.
Thanks from Sarah, Lyn and Carol